Monday 22 May 2017

AN INTERESTING JOURNEY


When I was just getting back into motorcycling a few years ago, I considered a Triumph Scrambler as my main bike because it is beautiful.  I backed away from the Scrambler because I anticipated doing some road trips and those high pipes promised to get in the way of panniers, but man they speak to me!



I had been thinking about having a second motorcycle so that I had something to work on during the winter and on those long rainy days when riding just isn’t a pleasant entertainment option. I love the Scrambler style, so when a 1968 Honda CL450 Scrambler came to my attention, I acted fast and bought it, despite it being in very rough condition physically and not running.  Once I’m done with the Honda, I hope to return it as close to its original factory condition as I can:



But, of course, it does not look like that, it looks like this:


This is the beginning of the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's only one pic so far, and no description, but the bike looks pretty NICE to me!

    Original pipes and fenders don't look too rusty, no visible dents...a great start, cosmetically, at least!

    ReplyDelete